Who we are
Our website address is: http://mystudent.in.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Purpose and who we are
MyStudent is designed to provide applications to parents, children and staff of education institutes to provide a seamless platform that covers various aspects of a student’s learning cycle while at a particular school. This privacy statement covers the data processed within our portal and applications and how we process information about our customers. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through its compliance with its privacy policies. This policy describes:
- The type of information that MyStudent may collect from you when you access or use its websites, applications and other online services
- Its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, and protecting that information
This policy applies only to the information MyStudent collects through its services, in email, text and other electronic communications. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as Google Play or Apple store when you download the MyStudent Mobile Apps.
How we collect information?
As a company, MyStudent does not ask student and parents for data directly. Any data in the software is shared by the schools/colleges with which MyStudent signs a contract or is collected because the school/college needs the student or parent to provide this data to the school so they can do what is required to be done.
What our legal basis is for processing your personal information?
MyStudent signs a contract with the schools /colleges that it works with. No data is taken from the institution until the contract is signed by both parties.
Who collects your personal information?
The personal information of students and parents is collected by the schools directly. MyStudent does not send data requests directly to students and parents.
How we collect data?
We share data templates for details required for various applications that the school is using. The schools/colleges share the data with us directly. No third party is given the data during this process. In some cases schools ask us to provide applications to staff, students and parents from whom data is required to be collected as needed by the school. This is strictly to be able to enable the school /college to run their educational institution.
How we use your personal information?
We use the information only for the various applications that the school is using. We do not share data with any other party.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep you personal information as long as we have an ongoing contract with the educational institution that we are associated with. In case we end our contract with a school/college, we share all current data with the educational institution, and delete this data from our servers.
Who we share your personal information with?
We do not share your personal information with anyone, including third party vendors. In case we need to integrate the software with any third party app that is required for the software, then we take explicit permission from the school to do so. MyStudent is not in the business of selling your information to advertisers or other third parties.
What are cookies?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the web browser on your computer or mobile device. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you. Websites use these files to store information such as personalisation details or the contents of a shopping basket. Learn more about cookies.
What cookies do we use?
What are the data security measures taken by MyStudent?
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The following security measures are taken to ensure that your data is secure:
- Industry-standard 128-256 bit encryption to prevent hackers from capturing sensitive data over the Internet
- All passwords are encrypted using salted hash so no one can read passwords, not even our staff
- MyStudent servers run Linux, and are patched regularly to protect against the latest security threats
- All servers are protected by one or more security groups, named sets of rules that specify which ingress (i.e., incoming) network traffic should be delivered to the server instance. The security groups serve as a basic firewall-like protection.
- The system keeps track of logins, which is helpful in identifying suspicious logins
- The MyStudent system is engineered to block brute force attacks, distributed denial of service (DDoS), cross-site scripting (XSS), SQL injection, phishing, and other exploits.
- The third party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). This is with approval from the education institute that we work with to process their data.
What steps does MyStudent take for data privacy?
- MyStudent does not share personally identifiable data with anyone.
- Our staff is also restricted from seeing any personally identifiable student information when we provide technical support to schools.
- Our servers automatically keep backups of all changes. So if a password is accidentally revealed by a user, data can be restored.
- All servers are backed up every day to protect against hardware failure.
What personal information do we collect?
The following data is required to allow the education institute parents/guardians to use the software and to display relevant data to parents about their children.